I don’t think it’s hard to figure out what the top story is this week. Continue reading
According to Dan Rafael, Bob Arum met with Manny Pacquiao and hammered out all the major details for the Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao super fight.
Arum and Pacquiao met for two hours Friday to discuss the proposed deal, according to Pacquiao adviser Michael Koncz, who told the Associated Press that “Manny has some additional requirements, requests, which Arum didn’t think was a problem. The requests of Manny were so realistic that Arum doesn’t feel it’s a problem and it’s pretty much a done deal.”
Later Friday it became a done deal, at least on the Pacquiao side, when he signed the paperwork, the source said.
Here are a list of more specifics:
– The date is March 13, 2010.
– The fight will take place at 147 pounds.
– The split is 50/50.
– Both guys will wear 8 ounce gloves, but can choose any brand they wish.
– Mayweather will be billed first, but Top Rank will be billed in front of Golden Boy.
– Because of the short time frame, there will only be one press conference in January rather than a full scale media tour.