We have a return guest on FGB Radio. John LaRocca (@LaRoccaJL), president of Premier (@premierwrestle), a Bay Area independent wrestling company, joins me to discuss a bunch of wrestling and MMA topics.
Here’s what we discussed:
- Monday night’s WWE Slammy Awards.
- Daniel Bryan’s amazing reaction from his hometown crowd
- The go-home segment and whether it worked in getting people to buy TLC
- WWE’s rumored online network
- WrestleMania 31 in the Bay Area
- UFC on Fox 9 including all of the top fights (I failed to mention the time of the show on Fox which is 5PM Pacific)
- The entire Premier wrestling card on Sunday
- Roland Alexander
Raw is teetering on being unwatchable and no matter how boring it has been in the past, I’m not sure it has truly been unwatchable. I think there were some bad times in 2007 (Ed. note – Big D swears I’m thinking 2006 and he might be right), but I don’t think the show has ever reached the JBL as champion levels of Smackdown. For whatever reason, that is a time that I remember as being unwatchable. But they’re getting close. Save for a fun 6-man tag match between the Rhodes bros and Big Show against the Shield, and a decent main event segment, there was very little worth watching.
Raw in of itself was fine for what it was and better than their own PPV last night. I’m not sure if they know what they’re doing longterm but it didn’t take long for them to put John Cena right back in the spotlight.
Michael Strahan hosted which meant that he was in a few segments, one of which resulted in the Miz and Titus O’Neil no-selling hip tosses. No one better ever sell that move ever again. Strahan was good for the most part. Continue reading →