We have a return guest on FGB Radio. John LaRocca (@LaRoccaJL), president of Premier (@premierwrestle), a Bay Area independent wrestling company, joins me to discuss a bunch of wrestling and MMA topics.
Here’s what we discussed:
- Monday night’s WWE Slammy Awards.
- Daniel Bryan’s amazing reaction from his hometown crowd
- The go-home segment and whether it worked in getting people to buy TLC
- WWE’s rumored online network
- WrestleMania 31 in the Bay Area
- UFC on Fox 9 including all of the top fights (I failed to mention the time of the show on Fox which is 5PM Pacific)
- The entire Premier wrestling card on Sunday
- Roland Alexander
I missed Friday night’s live viewing of UFC Fight Night from Brisbane, but sure did hear how great the main event was. Some have called it the greatest heavyweight fight in UFC history. It was officially scored a majority draw, but I wanted to look at it with my own eyes and score the Mark Hunt vs. Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva fight.
Before his fight against James Te Huna on UFC Fight Night from Brisbane, Dana White said that if he didn’t look good, he might have to talk to Shogun Rua about his future with the UFC. In other words, you better look good.
We’ve been covering this season of Ultimate Fighter all season long. It’s been an excellent season overall and one of the better ones in recent memory. It’s just too bad that it was on Fox Sports 1 and not a lot of folks saw the season.
On Thanksgiving, Ronda Rousey was on Fox during their NFL segment. It was great to see her and shows you the power of the UFC’s relationship with Fox, especially during the football season. She hung out with Michael Strahan (hot off his WWE Raw performance) and Curt Menefee