The talk of the wrestling community over the weekend was Dina Marneris’ interview with Nancy Benoit’s sister Sandra Toffoloni. It was an honest, passionate, and touching discussion about a terrible situation. Dina posted it at the2count.com.
Dina responded to my interview request via Twitter as I wanted to know more about their discussion.
We talked for almost 45 minutes about the following:
- Dina’s background as a wrestling fan
- What she does for a living and juggling her passion for journalism
- How she met Sandra and how the interview came about
- If there was any apprehension about doing an interview (and a story) about the most infamous time in pro wrestling
- If she remembers where she was when the news came out about the murders
- Flak Sandra received because of how people were interpreting her comments about a medical examiner’s report of Chris Benoit’s heart
- Sandra’s opinion that roid rage was a bigger cause than anything else
- WWE’s wellness policy
- Sandra’s foundation created for Nancy and Daniel
Right click to download or stream below.