We don’t usually review podcasts on this website, but there’s a certain podcast that has taken us all by storm. Let’s put it this way: Cactus Jim hasn’t watched wrestling since the attitude era and he even listens to this podcast.
I was a very early listener to MLW Radio (entire archive) as I’ve always been a fan of Konnan’s appearances on Figure Four Daily with Bryan Alvarez. Throw in former WWE writer and MLW booker Court Bauer who also has done radio shows with Alvarez and it was an easy decision to listen. MSL (who Konnan calls the G from Compton, Quebec) hosts the show and keeps it moving.
This is strictly based on memory, but here’s some highlights from their run thus far:
– Konnan and Vampiro make amends in a 3-parter, but still call each other out on their shit
– Chavo Guerrero and Konnan telling stories
– Konnan continually calling Bryan Alvarez, Alex Marvez every time he brings his name up
– Going backwards and faster
– WCW stories
– Konnan’s Jungle Love mashup
– Court’s story on John Cena making a slump buster’s night and owning it
– The show with MVP (which is still my favorite)
– Colt Cabana and Isis The Amazon
– Konnan’s Land Of A Thousand Dances mashup
And yes, there have been some lowlights as well. The Tully Blanchard episode where he calls in while golfing was quite the big timing by Tully. Also, the ten minutes with Larry Zbyszko were a bit hard to sit through. And the Gabe Sapolsky booker’s show wasn’t all that fun. But those are few and far between. MLW Radio is the one wrestling podcast out there that will give you just as much insight and honesty as it will comedy.
Take a listen to the latest show featuring Konnan and Chris Jericho: