There was a little bit of news coming out of UFC 145 last night. But before we get to that, I wrote about Jon Jones and what might be next for him at Popblerd.com early this morning. Check it out.
- Rashad Evans said that while dropping to 185 isn’t out of the picture, he’s staying at 205 and wants to get back into title contention.
- Jon Jones’ next opponent will be Dan Henderson.
- As we already knew before yesterday, Frank Mir, not Alistair Overeem will face Junior Dos Santos at UFC 146. According an Ariel Helwani tweet, it’s because they believe Overeem will not prevail in his fight to be licensed.
- Dave Meltzer said early this morning that Overeem’s defense might be that he was taking erectile disfunction drugs and that’s what spiked his testosterone. Mike Sawyer has Meltzer’s quote. Meltzer also had a really good article about Overeem (before he was replaced) for Bill Simmons’ Grantland.
- As for Cain Velasquez’s new opponent, since Mir is facing JDS now, Dana tweeted this earlier today: