News and notes from around the MMA world …
- Read the Nevada State Athletic Commission injury report from the fallout of UFC 74.
- Dana White says that Brock is coming. And no, he doesn’t look like that anymore.
- Alex Marvez talks about UFC 74, including Dana White’s promise to wait until the drug test results come out before giving out bonuses to his fighters.
- Todd Martin also gives his thoughts about UFC 74.
- Matt Hughes is starting his own fight team.
- Michael Bisping talks to Sam Caplan and gives his thoughts about moving down to middleweight.
Well, I was right with one prediction and wrong with another. In the last RNR, I said that I had to bet with my head instead of my heart, and predicted that Gabriel Gonzaga would beat Randy Couture. Boy was I wrong. But at least I said that Georges St. Pierre would win a unanimous decision against Josh Koscheck and he did.
UFC 74 was a really fun show, capped off with a great main event. At this point, any time Randy Couture steps into the octagon, it’s a special moment. The guy is 44 years old and is possibly more dominant right now that at any time in his career. He smothered the much bigger Gonzaga and controlled him like a big brother would control a little one. Though he did break his arm trying to block a high kick, he was never in trouble and dominated from the first bell. It was simply amazing to watch.
My play by play recap of the event won’t be on the site for a couple weeks because we are doing some upgrades to the site. Also, the home page won’t be updated either, which means my calendar will be out of date. However, as soon as I am able to update it, it will be updated. September is going to be a busy month.
If you want to contact me, click here.
Thanks for reading,
Garrett M. Gonzales